All-on-4/Teeth in a Day – Dallas, TX
Rebuild Your Smile in Just One Day
Dental implants offer countless benefits, but some patients shy away from them because the entire process may take several months to a year in traditional cases. Thanks to All-on-4/Teeth in a Day, however, some people are able to regain a complete arch of teeth on the same day they receive their dental implants. Let’s discuss this remarkable treatment.
How All-on-4 Works
As its name implies, All-on-4 is a special technique that allows our team to replace an entire arch of teeth with only four to six implants. We place two of the implants at an angle in the back of the jaw, while the other two get placed in the front of the jaw. These are the locations in the jaw where the bone tends to be thickest, a fact that eliminates the need for a bone graft for most patients.
Once all of the implants are in place, we provide a provisional (temporary) denture. After you have had some time to recover from the surgery, we’ll give you a permanent, implant-retained denture that closely mimics the look and feel of natural teeth.
Some of the most notable benefits of All-on-4 dental implants include:
- More people are candidates for All-on-4 dentures than for traditional implant-retained dentures.
- Your permanent prosthetic will provide you with a bite force that is almost as strong as that of natural teeth.
- Since so few implants are used, the placement surgery is as minimally invasive as possible, which leads to a quicker recovery time.
The Trefoil Method
The Trefoil Method is another technique that we can use to restore an entire arch of teeth in a single appointment. Rather than using four implants, the Trefoil method uses just three, which go toward the front of the jaw. They’re attached to a pre-manufactured metal framework that supports a denture. There is no need for a provisional denture with the Trefoil Method; you may be able to receive your permanent teeth on the same day as the surgery.
Caring for Your New Teeth
Regardless of which type of expedited implant procedure you undergo, it is important that you care for your new teeth properly if you want them to reach their full potential. Following your surgery, you may have to limit yourself to soft foods for a time and take other steps to protect the implant placement sites. Once you’ve healed, however, maintaining your new teeth should be easy. You’ll just have to:
- Stick to a thorough oral hygiene routine that includes brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Visit Dr. Kwon for routine checkups.
- Be alert to any changes in your mouth, such as swelling around the gums, that may indicate an infection. Such complications are rare, but when they do occur, it is vital that you get them addressed as soon as possible.
Would you like to learn more about how you can quickly regain your lost teeth? Contact Dallas Dental Implant Center to schedule your consultation. Dr. Hodong Kwon is a true implant expert, and he would be happy to answer all of your questions about how you can once again be the owner of a complete, strong smile.